Alcohol addiction is a serious condition that doesn’t go away on its own. Watching a loved one lose the relationships and everything else that matters in their life is painful and confusing. It is difficult to understand why the person just doesn’t get the help they need to turn their life around. With the options for alcohol addiction treatment in Toronto, availability is not one of the primary reasons but there are five reasons for which most people addicted to alcohol never take the step to get treatment.
- Cost – The choices in treatment are those facilities that are government funded and covered by insurance (OHIP) and private treatment facilities which must be paid for by the patient or their family. Many people find it difficult to get into OHIP funded treatment programs due to the steps required including being sober before being admitted or being placed on a waiting list. Addiction Rehab Toronto offers proven alcohol addiction treatment in Toronto with payment options that allow you to get the treatment you need when you are ready to take the next step towards recovery.
- Not Ready –In spite of being on a downward spiral, some addicts are not ready to stop using alcohol. Addiction to alcohol occurs because the person likes the way it makes them feel and they don’t want to give up that feeling. To them, alcohol addiction treatment is not an option they are prepared for.
- Potential Negative Impact on Job – As long as the addicted person is still employed, going to work, and earning a pay check, and paying their bills, they may worry that taking time off from their job will either hurt their reputation or their standing in that position. What they do not realize at this point is that things are almost guaranteed to get worse and their addiction will put their job at a much greater risk than getting the treatment needed to prevent it.
- Fear of Losing Relationships and Friendships – Getting treatment means admitting to addiction, something that some addicts are afraid will harm their relationships with their loved ones and friends. Although alcoholism is known to be a disease that requires treatment like any other medical condition, the stigma associated with addiction is still a concern that prevents some people from getting treatment. Like the fear of having a negative impact on their job, relationships are more likely to be lost when treatment is not sought.
- Not Knowing Where to Go – Many people simply have no idea what to look for in a treatment center. There are many types of treatment available today in a number of different settings. Some specialize in care for either men or women while others focus on a holistic approach that gets to the root cause of addiction. Addiction Rehab Toronto uses a holistic and individualized approach to treatment that encourages a long-lasting recovery.
Call Addiction Rehab Toronto at 855-787-2424 to learn more about the treatment process and get the alcohol addiction treatment in Toronto that really works.
Read more about: How to Get off DUI Charges Rehab Program