Addiction Treatment in Toronto, ON
Entering an inpatient addiction treatment program can be a stressful process. The individual doesn’t know what to expect, and may feel frightened, anxious or defensive. These are challenging emotions to deal with while adjusting to a new routine in an unfamiliar environment. Our staff understand the difficulties, and they work hard to ensure that new residents are made to feel welcome and at ease.
Family members of those starting addiction treatment are understandably concerned about the individual they are leaving with us. We make sure they know what to expect, so they can have peace of mind when they say goodbye to their loved one on the first day.
Some of the things that happen when a new resident arrives at the facility include the following:
- The client and family members are shown around the facility, and they meet with core staff members who are happy to answer any questions
- After the family members depart, the client is shown to his or her semi-private room
- The client’s belongings are searched to ensure that there are no substances or items that might hinder recovery
- The client meets with key staff members to complete a comprehensive intake assessment
- A meet and greet is scheduled so that the client can get to know other residents
- The client may request a one-on-one counselling session prior to starting addiction treatment
- An Addiction Treatment Toronto staff member contacts the client’s family to provide an update on how he or she is settling in
Individual schedules for individual needs
All clients starting addiction treatment at Addiction Rehab Toronto are given individualized treatment plans and daily schedules. These are planned with clients and their families, so that everyone knows what to expect from one day to the next.
Although all clients have their own customized schedules, our guarantees to all of them are the same:
- We treat everybody with the utmost dignity and respect
- We provide a loving, nurturing atmosphere that is conducive to recovery
- Our staff are available to clients and their families around the clock
- Individualized treatment programs are created for each client
- Each day includes counselling, life skills training, physical activity, recreational activities and healthy meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Our grounds are constantly monitored to ensure the safety of clients and their families
- We encourage family members and caregivers to participate throughout the process
- Clients can stay in touch with their loved ones during their time at the facility
- We help our clients begin the process of life-long recovery so that they can lead productive lives without self-destructive behaviours
It is completely natural for people starting addiction treatment to feel anxious and unsure. Our staff members aim to make this stressful time as easy as possible.
For more information about what to expect, please call 1-855-787-2424 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.