Volunteering or student placement is a critical part of any career development in the Health Sciences.
Addiction Rehab Toronto’s Placement Program offers an opportunity to learn about health care while also acquiring and developing new skills rooted in addiction and mental health.
What are the requirements to become a volunteer or do student placement?
- Students must be 18 years or older at the start of the volunteer period;
- Two (2) shifts per week commitment is required.
- Shifts range from three to eight hours in length;
- Univeristy/college volunteer placements are available all year around.
- If you are planning a vacation or have other commitments that will affect you from attending weekly or biweekly, please do not volunteer. We count on your volunteers to be available consistently.
The volunteer application process can take eight to ten weeks to complete
We are looking for students who are:
- Dedicated, responsible, dependable, and eager to complete the volunteer process;
- Must be compassionate and caring
- Believe in providing excellent client service.
- A strong ability to work alone with little to minimal supervision, also must be able to be a good team player.
Participation has included but is not limited to:
- Seneca College
- CDI College
- Sheridan College
- Centennial College
- Windsor University
- Humber College
- triOS College
- Flemming College
- York University
- University of Toronto
- Guelph University
- Western University
- McGil University
- Wilfred Laurier University
- Waterloo University
Please email your application or resume to Alexandra@addictionrehabtoronto.ca
Thank you for taking the time to apply.