Opioid Addiction Treatment in Toronto
What is Opioid?
Opioids are a class of drugs derived from poppies or chemicals. These drugs, which induce a feeling of euphoria, include illegal drugs like heroin as well as legally available prescription medications like Percocet and morphine. Dependence on opioids can be physical or psychological. Although it is usually both, this is not always the case. Cancer patients, for instance, often develop physical dependencies on morphine through extended medical use, but they do not have the psychological dependence.
Where can I get help?
Addiction Rehab Toronto is an inpatient treatment facility for opioid addiction treatment in Toronto. The environment is supportive, positive and free of judgment, and the goal is long-term recovery. We follow a holistic approach that considers the individual’s spiritual, social and cultural needs. All treatment plans are customized to match the client’s needs and circumstances, and we ensure that loved ones receive support as well.
How do I know if I or a loved one should seek opioid addiction treatment?
People with substance abuse problems often become very good at hiding their addictions. It can be difficult to tell when someone might have a problem with opioid addiction, particularly if they started by using prescription painkillers for medical reasons. However, there are a few warning signs that might be an indication:
- Running out of prescription painkillers ahead of schedule and having to visit the doctor frequently for refills
- Having a desire to quit and making several unsuccessful attempts to do so
- Going to see multiple doctors in order to get more than one prescription
- Stealing prescription painkillers from other people
- Feeling sick, depressed or irritable when there is not easy access to opioids
- Spending so much time, energy and money to obtain and use opioids that relationships with loved ones take a back seat.
If you can identify with these points, either for yourself or for someone else, it might be time to talk to a professional about the possibility of opioid addiction.
How does opioid addiction treatment work at Addiction Rehab Toronto?
We have a team of therapists, substance abuse specialists and addictions counsellors who have helped many clients with their opioid addiction recoveries. They work with individuals through all stages of recovery and offer ongoing support when the inpatient program is over.
Your recovery starts with an assessment and a training plan that is tailored to what you need. Treatment options that are available include the following:
- Professionally supervised detox
- Individual counselling
- Family and group counselling
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Contingency management education
- Yoga and meditation therapy
- Life management courses
- Physical fitness and nutrition
- Relapse prevention education
- Recreational activities
To get started, please give us a call at 1-855-787-2424, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the members of our team will give you a tour of the facility along with more information about how it works.