Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program
When most people hear about someone having a problem with addiction, their first response is that the individual should “just go to rehab”. But many people face barriers to this, and this can have tragic outcomes as their addictions go untreated until it is too late.
At Addiction Rehab Toronto, we are committed to providing treatment options for as many people as possible. Being unable to participate in an in-person rehab program should not result in someone not receiving the care and support they need.
This is why we have created our virtual intensive outpatient program for clients who do not have the means or ability for in-person rehab.
Why Not Just Go To Rehab?
The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most cited reasons for needing to go virtual with anything, and that is an important factor. When there is a public health crisis that prevents people from being able to interact, people with addictions need to access support in other ways.
There are several other reasons someone may be unable to be physically present at an addiction rehab program, including the following:
- Many people are unable to step out of their day to day lives to attend a rehab program
- Private rehab can be cost prohibitive
- People in remote locations may not have easy access to in-person services
- Some people with disabilities and severe medical conditions have difficulty finding in-person addiction treatment that is accessible to their needs
- Many people are more comfortable with virtual options
How Does Virtual Addiction Treatment Work?
At Addiction Rehab Toronto, all of our clients are provided with individualized addiction treatment programs that are designed with consideration for their unique needs and circumstances. That includes our virtual clients. Your journey with us will start with a telephone assessment, during which we will learn about you, your path through addiction, the goals you would like to achieve, and other relevant information.
We will use this information to design a treatment program specific to you. Everyone’s addiction story is different, and that includes their recovery. The treatment methods that are recommended for you will be based on your initial telephone assessment. Your program may include a combination of individual and group counselling, family counselling, art and music therapy, life skills coaching, online yoga and meditation, addiction education, and much more.
The Benefits Of Online Addiction Treatment
Online addiction treatment is a practical way of providing addiction treatment to people who might otherwise not seek the help they need. Not only is it a solid alternative to in-person rehab, for some people it may be more effective.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Shorter wait times. A lot of in-person addiction treatment centres have waiting lists because any given facility can accommodate a limited number of people. In most cases, you will be able to start the virtual intensive outpatient program within 24 hours of your initial telephone assessment.
- Continuity of life. Inpatient rehab programs require you to literally step out of your life for a period of time. Although our virtual program carries a time commitment and an expectation of dedication, you will be able to continue living at home and participating in your daily living activities.
- Accessibility. Not everyone can get to a rehab centre. Perhaps you live in a remote area, or maybe you don’t have access to reliable transportation. For some people with disabilities or complex medical conditions, at-home addiction treatment can mean easier continued access to other care services that may be needed.
- Less stress. People with addictions frequently have coexisting mental illnesses, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD). Some individuals in this position may benefit from receiving addiction treatment in a familiar setting, surrounded by things that bring them comfort.
Why Choose Addiction Rehab Toronto?
At Addiction Rehab Toronto, we offer round-the-clock personalized care to our virtual clients. Whenever you find yourself in a crisis situation, our compassionate professionals are just a phone call or a mouse click away. We don’t just choose our staff based on their qualifications. We look for experienced addiction specialists who demonstrate empathy, kindness, and the ability to listen without judgement. Whether you attend our programs in person or virtually, we guarantee that you will be provided with a safe place for your recovery.
We do not see our clients as addicts. We see them as human beings who are experiencing one of life’s most complex conditions. Our addiction programs are designed to treat the whole person, with consideration for their physical, mental, social, cultural, and spiritual needs. By recognizing how all of these elements are connected, we can help you become stronger and more resilient in each area.
Whether you have an addiction to substances or an addiction to a behaviour like gambling, shopping, or social media, our virtual intensive outpatient program can change your life for the better.